Travel Ban Survey Results
The HR division has a large and diverse membership. For example, the HR Division currently has 80 am...Read More
2016 HR International Conference in Sydney
After the first International Conference of the HR Division of the Academy of Management (HRIC) in B...Read More
- This event has passed.
2017 HR Division Doctoral Consortium
August 4 @ 6:00 pm - August 5 @ 5:30 pm
We are currently taking applications for the 2017 Academy of Management’s HR Division Doctoral Student Consortium (Dissertation Level) to be held at the Academy of Management Annual Meetings in Atlanta, Georgia on Friday August 4th and Saturday August 5th.
Highlights of this year’s Consortium include:
• A dinner and networking event on Friday, August 4th fully sponsored by the HR Division
• A keynote address by Ellen Kossek of the Krannert School of Management at Purdue University
• A dissertation roundtable with one-on-one feedback from leading scholars in the field of HR
• A variety of panels and discussions about surviving the dissertation process, getting published, effective teaching, managing the job search, and succeeding in an academic career around the globe
• A panel meeting with the major journal editors
The HR Doctoral Student Consortium is open to doctoral students actively working on their dissertations. Is it expected that applicants will (1) be members of the HR Division; (2) be on track to have completed all required coursework; and (3) be on track to have their proposal for their dissertation/thesis approved by their supervising committee by 8/1/2017. Unfortunately we cannot accept applicants that have already completed their PhD.
There is no charge for the Consortium, but pre-registration is required. Accepted candidates will be given a code necessary for the pre-registration.
Email the following materials to Prof. Tim Gardner (email@example.com) by June 1, 2017.
• A nomination form endorsed and signed by the candidate’s doctoral program advisor. The form may be found at http://tinyurl.com/mpdsom9
• A current student CV (up to two pages) including contact information, education, research/teaching interests, publications, and conference presentations for distribution to all participants.
The Consortium is intended for student members of the HR Division who have made significant progress toward completing their doctoral program but have not yet defended their dissertation. Because space is limited, only one student per program is typically allowed to participate, but one additional qualified student from a given program may be accepted upon the request of a candidate’s doctoral program advisor. On-line registration through the Academy of Management website is only allowed for those students whose applications have been accepted and given a registration code. Thus, drop-in attendance at the Consortium is not allowed. We hope you join us for this educational and fun experience for emerging HR scholars!