2016 HR International Conference in Sydney
After the first International Conference of the HR Division of the Academy of Management (HRIC) in B...Read More
AOM-HR Division award winners 2015
AOM-HR Division Award Winners 2015 Each year the HR Division of the Academy of Management recognizes...Read More
- This event has passed.
2016 HR DIVISION DOCTORAL STUDENT CONSORTIUM
August 5, 2016 @ 6:00 pm - August 6, 2016 @ 5:30 pm
We are currently taking applications for the 2016 Academy of Management’s HR Division Doctoral Student Consortium to be held at the Academy of Management Annual Meetings in Anaheim, CA on Friday August 5th and Saturday August 6th.
Highlights of this year’s Consortium include:
• A dinner and networking event on Friday, August 5th fully sponsored by the HR Division
• A keynote address by Patrick Wright of the Moore College of Business at the University of South Carolina
• A dissertation roundtable with one-on-one feedback from leading scholars in the field of HR
• A variety of panels and discussions about surviving the dissertation process, getting published, effective teaching, managing the job search, and international job opportunities
• A panel meeting with the major journal editors
• An informal after-session social on Saturday August 6th (self-pay)
The HR Doctoral Student Consortium is open to doctoral students actively working on their dissertations. Is it expected that applicants will (1) be members of the HR Division; (2) be on track to have completed all required coursework; and (3) be on track to have their proposal for their dissertation/thesis approved by their supervising committee by 8/1/2016. Unfortunately we cannot accept applicants that have already completed their PhD.
There is no charge for the Consortium, but pre-registration is required. Accepted candidates will be given a code necessary for the pre-registration.
Email the following materials to Prof. Tim Gardner (email@example.com) by May 15th, 2016.
• A nomination form endorsed and signed by the candidate’s doctoral program. The form may be found at http://tinyurl.com/jvdajsl
• A current student CV (up to two pages) including contact information, education, research/teaching interests, publications, and conference presentations for distribution to all participants.
The Consortium is intended for student members of the HR Division who have made significant progress toward completing their doctoral program but have not yet defended their dissertation. Because space is limited, only one student per program is typically allowed to participate, but one additional qualified student from a given program may be accepted upon the request of a candidate’s doctoral program advisor. On-line registration through the Academy of Management website is only allowed for those students whose applications have been accepted and given a registration code. Thus, drop-in attendance at the Consortium is not allowed. We hope you join us for this educational and fun experience for emerging HR scholars!